Bottom Timer with Minutes & Seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqualand Duplex and Hyper Aqualand do it.
But neither has a decent backlight.
Rick

O-ring once bubbled...

I was all set to get an Uwatec as a backup to my Vyper, but after reading about the D3 it is looking better (that and I just developed an interest in freediving). Any drawbacks to it compared to the Uwatec (other than newness and cost)?
In the club I dive with there have been relatively more failures on the Suunto D3s than the Uwatec bottom timers. Of course the sample size is pretty small, and maybe Suunto has fixed the problems now, but I would be hesitant to buy one until they have more of a track record.
If all you want is a seconds counter then a cheap Timex Ironman wristwatch will work and the buttons are large enough to hit with gloves on. I usually wear one, not so much for timing deco stops, but just so I know when to get out of the water and go have lunch.

-Nick

Nick,

can I ask how they failed? I've only had mine on
about 12 dives so far but it's been flawless.

How many units have failed? What failure mode?
Was it the same on all of them? How was the
unit fixed by suunto?

Please let me know the details if you can, until
then I'll be wearing both my uwatec and the d3.

Thanks!

Kell

nradov once bubbled...

In the club I dive with there have been relatively more failures on the Suunto D3s than the Uwatec bottom timers. Of course the sample size is pretty small, and maybe Suunto has fixed the problems now, but I would be hesitant to buy one until they have more of a track record.
If all you want is a seconds counter then a cheap Timex Ironman wristwatch will work and the buttons are large enough to hit with gloves on. I usually wear one, not so much for timing deco stops, but just so I know when to get out of the water and go have lunch.

-Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom