Boynton w/ Kev in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are we there yet??? :lotsalove:

My Adventuremobile is packed and locked in the garage ready to go; I drove the Miata to work today...I have to leave my house at 6:30 as well. Hmmm, I wonder if I can drive while I'm still asleep? :rofl3: Guys, if you find me passed out on the boat, just open my mouth and pour some coffee down the hatch, I'll be OK, honest!! :dork2:

netmage:
Ok folks, quick reminder... Charter time is 8am..., so that makes a 7:30am load, 8am go.... So Tim has to hit the road at 6:30am... who's idea was this?!? :11doh:

Brian, have you mapped out the appropriate Waffle House in route? We don't want you to dive on an empty stomach... we know how cranky you can get... :coffee:

Quick edit: Whats the plan for lunch? Two George's or packing...?!? Mmmmmm sardines and brocoli; yum!

-Tim

Dude,

I know where every Waffle House south of Gainesville is. :D
Bring lunch, we're not going back to the dock for lunch. Kim and I were going to hit the Publix at Woolbright & US1 prior to meeting the boat. Did I not copy you on those PMs?? I called Debby last night and confirmed dive time, directions, etc. and she's all set as well.

Edit: Debby types fast.

deepstops:
Edit: Debby types fast.

YES I DO.

And I drive fast and swim fast and eat fast and think fast and talk fast and drink lots and lots and lots of coffee. :coffee: My big wish is that I could bicycle a little faster...I can only keep up with the Advanced Group, 18-20 MPH on a 40 mile ride. I simply can't sustain 22-24 MPH for more than about a mile before bonking.

Just a few more hours to go. I spoke with Brian who confirmed he has a tank for me and gave me the location of the publix to score lunch at. Then I ran into Tim at FE who gave me the run down on times, ect.
Tanks are in the jeep, just paking my gear and my poor pitiful dog is giving me that "are going leave me here all day, alone, to go diving AGAIN????" Of course I gave her a quick pat on the head and promised to spend some time with her soon.

see ya in the morning:D

WOO HOO this was a FAN-TASTIC dive and I really want to thank Tim and Brian for setting this up with Kev. I forgot just how incredible the Boynton reefs are. The dives were OUTSTANDING and the surface intervals were...hilarious!!!!

This trip is a "must do again" for me!!! Kev, it was great meeting you; thanks for letting me dive the way I like to dive!!!

This was an awesome day of diving. The weather was perfect, the seas flat, the water warm, good viz.
The first of four dives was to the Cpt Tony. A wreck I had not been to before, so it was great to see something new. The current was smoking. Literally hand over hand down the line. On the wreck Chip and I saw two goliath groupers as we dropped down into the cargo hold. Then one of them seemed to suck in his whole body and go down an incredibly small hole in the wreck. I still wouldn't believe he went down that hole if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.
We did three more reef dives as the hunters gathered food. I think Debby ended up with 3-4 bugs, Tim 3, Brain 1 and Chip got a hogfish.
On the third dive Tim and I saw a huge turtle. It looked like a volkswagen parked under a ledge, a nice green moray and this field of coral that was breath taking.
On the fourth dive Tim and I saw a huge spotted eagle ray, another large turtle out sleeping on the reef and I saw on that dive my first flounder?? I am terrible at fish ID, but it was the weird flat looking fish one with both its eyes on top all googly like. (that's the technical term for it) and I saw a school of about 20 squid. On this last dive there was one lobster that was giving Tim a run for his money. It was too funny watching Tim wrestle a lobster. But there was no way Tim was going up without that bug. Like a cat chasing a mouse from hole to hole, he was relentless. And in the end he dominated...well at least over that particular lobster :popcorn:

All in all it was just a great day and a pleasure to dive with you all.
Kim Inge

I was out on Friday near the Delray/Boca line - --->gorgeous<--- blue water and a good wicked south current.
So far this season, the lobsters are all over the place and deep. Mini season was phenomenal.
I found one hole with sure what looked like a Maine lobster in it - there were no other lobsters in the area, and it should have been loaded. I thought it was a big crab, but it sure looked like homard americanus. Couldn't budge it out at all, and I sure wasn't sticking my hand in there in the interest of science.
There's a spot out of Boynton Inlet seaward of the wrecks there called The Playground in 135'. Anyone dive that?

4 hours and 18 minutes total dive time, coolers with fish and lobster, a librarian with a great sense of humor (Debby, you fit right in!!, now shhh!, people are trying to read), diving on a 34' six-pack (the only DM-equipped six-pack I'm aware of), getting nitrogen saturated with Chip, and we had the best non-stop banter on a dive boat I've been on in a long time (even Captain Alex who never says anything was getting in on it).
http://www.diveboyntonbeach.com

The diving was good but the other four divers made it great. (and yes, that spur and groove section we did could be another entire day by itself)

Debby, what can I say, you give as good as you get, you fit-in tighter than OJ's glove. I'd love to get you on the voodoo gas so you can rack up the big BT numbers on the dives in these depth ranges but at the same time, there's nothing wrong w/ the way you're doing it now either.
Kimbur, thank you for the snare, we must do more wreck diving together. And tell Eric I missed his corny jokes!
Chip, thanks for having your buddy manny the dive, the extra space was great since your gear seemed to be everywhere :) (thanks too for the snaring tips!!) And don't let your cat sleep on your wetsuit anymore, ok?? :rofl3:
Tim, not much to say to you except, it was a pleasure as always and I'll see you Saturday for Doc Demilly, the next dive on our mutual dance card :)

Edit: We want to thank the folks from the MOF thread who were on the boat the day before for leaving all that food for us to eat, especially the Tillamook cheddar, good stuff :)

Sounds as if y'all had a great time! manny'ed the dive.... :rofl3:

Brian, shush now, you are making me blush!!!

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard on a dive trip...the smart aleck remarks and one-liners just didn't stop...oh, wait, that was me being the smart aleck...but I had PLENTY of company in that department! :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom