BP/W vs Jacket style BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Turtling" apparently has a completely different meaning in the diving context.

Turtling can also happen if you have too much weight above the center of gravity. Some jackets and rear inflates have pockets in the back along side the tank that 5 lb weight can be put in on each side. this in combination with a negatively buoyant tank can place a lot of weight above the half way mark on your body and roll you over.
I like to put the weight that's on my weight belt foreward as far as I can to offset the weight of the tank and plate on my back. Even with steel 120's I never have a problem with turtling.

Just like cave and cavern.

What is the definitive difference between a cave and a cavern?
Not to hijack the thread , but since it was mentioned I'd like to know.

:poke:
What a can of worms.. (BTW, we need this smilie)

I'm not positive on this one, but, I think this poster may have been referring to the urban slang definition of turtling or turtle head. As opposed to the nautical definition that was being used in this thread.

I'm not positive on this one, but, I think this poster may have been referring to the urban slang definition of turtling or turtle head.

Many times, I'm much happier NOT looking up common phrases in urbandictionary :)

I'm not positive on this one, but, I think this poster may have been referring to the urban slang definition of turtling
The younger members of my staff prefer "prairie-doggin'," in case anybody needs a synonym.

Prairie-doggin is another common term. You have to laugh when you can in this life, and all that talk about turtling was cracking me up. I've been doing a lot of reading on these forums the past few months and not much posting, but I just couldn't resist.

Did not check out the gender of responders here, but along the lines of ultimate customization of a bp/w, I think all women should try it and lose the chest strap.

Donna

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom