BPW wing pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you diving 100% Helium, something is not right my friend, you are supposed to be horizontal.

dbg40:
Im pretty sure you would be better off trying to lower that wing on the plate. The position of the plate itself looks ok, as does the tank, but the top of the wing is too high to get good trim out of. ....But, what do I know?

I'll give it a try tonight :)

Dr. Steve,

Is that a single wing or double?

Anyway, you should look like this:

I'm going to add that you need some inner tube or bungee to hold your lp inflator hose to the corrugated hose on your bc. Actually looks like you need a shorter LP inflator hose. All those hoses seem to be all over the place, entanglement hazards. Get a crotch strap. I also agree that the wing is way, to high and the whole getting vertical thing needs to be unlearned :wink:.

Jason

ShakaZulu:
Are you diving 100% Helium, something is not right my friend, you are supposed to be horizontal.
Supposed to be horizontal...unless you chose to be vertical!

DiveGolfSki:
Dr. Steve,

Is that a single wing or double?

Anyway, you should look like this:

It's a DR Trek wing which is a semi single/double wing. It has a 40lb bladder. I'll have a play with my plate and the wing tonight and see how I can adjust it.

I'm also in full agreement with the LP inflator hose. I'll work on adjusting it's length, when I get the rest of the configuration sorted out!

The other hose you see at the back of my neck is my 7foot primary. As I don't have the DIR regulation thigh pocket, I put it through a quick release clip on my waist band to try and keep it tidy. However, sometimes it comes unclipped and moves around a bit.

DrSteve:
...The other hose you see at the back of my neck is my 7foot primary. As I don't have the DIR regulation thigh pocket, I put it through a quick release clip on my waist band to try and keep it tidy. However, sometimes it comes unclipped and moves around a bit.

You're getting there. Instead of clipping the long hose to your wast band, why not take up the slack by looping under your waist belt. That way you'll not have to worry about clips and stuff.

However, you need a hood! The shine of that head can cause extreme trauma to undersea creature.... :wink:

Horizontal vs vertical ... opps, the picture should be like this (all you need is a water pillow and you'll be chilling) :crafty:

DiveGolfSki:
You're getting there. Instead of clipping the long hose to your wast band, why not take up the slack by looping under your waist belt. That way you'll not have to worry about clips and stuff.

OK that part is easy to answer...if it is looped under my belt it immediately removes about 2-3 feet of available hose in a possible OOA emergency. So I want it so I can donate my primary and have as much spare hose length between me and my buddy as needed.

DiveGolfSki:
However, you need a hood! The shine of that head can cause extreme trauma to undersea creature.... :wink:
Oh hush! I tried to get a sun tan! Just be thankful I didn't have my speedos on show...think of the trauma potential!

Thigh pockets have nothing to do with the long hose. The long hose gets routed under a canister if you have a can light, *or* a loop is tucked under the waist band.

Trust me, you still have plenty of hose and after the OOA diver has gas you simply tug on the hose to deploy the rest. It works, I do it all the time.

I'm new with this BP/wing stuff but it almost looks like your wing is mounted upside down on your back plate. Is your dump valve where your inflator assembly is supposed to screw in and vice versa? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom