Brac Accomodations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glimmertwins

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for some suggestions for places to stay and dive in Cayman Brac. So far, I've only seen mentions (all positive) of the Brac Reef Beach Resort. Are there other options? Also, is a rental car necessary? I'm only staying 4 nights, 3 days.

As far as I know the Brac Reef has the only dive operation on the island.

If you stay anywhere else, I would assume you need a car.

I am sure you would like the Brac Reef. The Alexander Hotel is close to the Brac Reef.

We normally rent a private home on Brac and have an unparalleled time when we're there. We prefer to do our own thing- some people like hotels and eating out and some don't. It's whatever you prefer and you can't go wrong. Brac is paradise. I have not set foot in the place but the Alexander does not impress me. It's located on a salt marsh at the South Road intersection, a good walk from the beach. And I've heard a rumor (must stress "rumor") that they are or will be pushing the powers-that-be (like McKeeva Bush and the UDP) to create a channel from the Alexander out to the sea. That would be one hell of a project but I don't put anything past pro-tourism Caymanian politicians.

I have dived with Reef Divers for over 10 years and they are a top-notch organization with great and responsible staff. But in fairness, there's also Indepth which dives out of the north side of Brac. I've heard good things but never been with them.

You will definitely want a rental car. Brac is spread out and doesn't really have a central location, Tibbets Square notwithstanding.

We visited the Alexander, and it's nice, but not really set up for scuba divers.

And sadly yes, InDepth is no longer on the Brac.

For a short stay, Brac Reef really seems like the most hassle-free option.
If you rent a cottage or room elsewhere, you'll definitely need a car. If you stay at the Brac Reef, I suggest renting a car at least one day to explore the island.

what house do you rent? we are going in Nov. we have been going to GC for 10+ years and going this year as well but decided to go to the Brac for 5 days after the week in GC. interested in renting a house and there seem to be quite a few with pricing all over the place. anywhere from 135 - 400 / night. there are only 2 of us but want something private with lots of views from the house and a nice beach. thanks for any help you give us!

I'm looking for some suggestions for places to stay and dive in Cayman Brac. So far, I've only seen mentions (all positive) of the Brac Reef Beach Resort. Are there other options? Also, is a rental car necessary? I'm only staying 4 nights, 3 days.

I was there last June for a 4 night 3 day trip. I'd suggest you do 3 dives on the 1st and 2nd days and save the island exploration for your last day - not that I thought there was any thing worth seeing there other than the diving. The Beech Resort does have bicycles, but the island is too big to tour by bike.

The best dives I had on Brac were afternoon when the sun highest.

Back
Top Bottom