Bradenton/Sarasota divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you looking for dive buddies or someone with a boat? I am always looking for people to share gas costs with (My boat is at Phillippi Harbor marina and go out of Big Pass). If you want a buddy to spear with, I can't help you there. I only spearfish solo or with very experienced divers (please take no offense, I am just very cautious who I go in the water with when they are armed).

---------- Post Merged at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Are there any places to shore dive in the area?
Point of rocks can be done as a shore dive and holds some good fish

I am looking for both dive buddies and a boat I would have no problem splitting fuel prices, I go out every other weekend on charters. Which it would prolly be cheaper for me to buy a boat already but have been very pickey on boats in the area for sale. I am in the Bradenton area I spearfish and videotape my dives if untested in meeting up please let me know!

Trust me, it is never cheaper to own your own boat. :) I have a virgin rx5 that needs breaking in now. Out of srq. Hit me up to put something together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hello all There is going to be a new spearfishing club in Sarasota open to all the first meeting is Nov 8th at 8pm at Evies downtown Sarasota we have the upstairs room reserved This will be a great time to come out & meet others that share the love of spearfishing also looking for others to go out with? I hope to see everybody there.

Greetings to everyone. I am the President of the newly formed Suncoast Underwater Club. We meet the first Thursday of every month at the Bearded Clam on US 41 by the Sarasota/Bradenton Airport. The club was just recently started up and we are holding our next meeting on 3 January at 7PM. If you are interested in joining up please shoot me a message if you have any questions.

Chris

Hey i moved to Sarasota in August last year and havent been diving here yet. Ive got a boat and a spear. Have you been diving in the area? Any good sites? Lets dive!

Im looking for some dive buddies or a group to do some spearfishing with! please let me know if there is anyone out there interested. -Jared

Ps or if anyone knows of any local charters that cater to spearfishing

The wetter the better charter has moved out of the area they went back down to west palm. I have now been using blue water explorers and sea kat off of bradenton beach!

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:24 PM ----------

lets get some divers together and go out spearfishing! waters still not that cold a 3/2 wet suit is comfortable! The local divers need to expand so let me know if your interested in getting together and going out!!

there is a manatee county spearfishing page on facebook that has been created to link up local divers...

I'm sure you are aware of the popular spearfishing sites: Spearfishing Planet, Spearboard. You will likely have more luck there. If you are new to spearing, it's best you try an hook up with more experienced guys maximize your safety and catch rate.

Suncoast Underwater Club is a spearfishing club in Sarasota/Bradenton with 50+ members. Yes they have a facebook page. PM me if your interested in coming to a meeting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom