Brand new to Double Hose diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocEd,

I enjoyed seeing your video. Keep us posted on your dives, especially with the double hose regulators.

I dove today in the Clackamas River. Water temperature was in the 30s F, and it was a short dive due to the current of about 15 minutes. But at least I got wet is sunny weather today, just before the weather turns to rain again and the river gets cloudy. I have a very good wet suit, but my fingers on my left hand were starting to get numb, so I really want to see more double hose diving from your exploits in the Philippines.

SeaRat

Last edited:
ff diver
Nice video. I hope your first dive with a DH was fun and as you expected.

I do have a few suggestions.

Your regulator is too high on your back. This is more like it is to be located:

file_zps932fdf37.jpg

Due to physics, the closer the reg is to your lungs, the better it breathes.

I am not sure if your BC combination is the best to use with the DH. See if you can get the tank/reg to ride lower thus putting the reg in the "sweet spot".

Also, you will need a crouch strap to hold the tank/reg in the best location no matter the dive position, upside down, etc.

(I do apologize to those who have seen the pic before, redundency is boring)

Regarding as fun as I expected, the cool factor was absolutely there. Everyone was right about breathing resistance will be different with the dh. When I didn't think about it it breathed fine but then I would start thinking about it and it become harder.

I have since ordered the vdh backplate, but haven't used it yet. The Hollis reds actually put the dh right on my back where it should be but the tank was way too flimsy for my taste.

In the video you can see that I was using two different bcds.

My only complaint about dh diving is the beauty of the dh is in its classic simplicity. Once you start adding all the modern things like an octo, spg those hoses deff take away cool points.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom