Breathe Uncompressed Air Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just remembered the old Myth Busters episode there they used the pressure difference between the surface and dive depth to literally suck a pig (standing in for a human) into one of the old style brass dive helmets from the dive suit. The entire pig! The result was a gory mix of pulp, blood and tissue worthy of a Friday the 13th movie.

My take away is NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE what pressure differences underwater will do to you.

Yep I saw that one too, it was pretty gruesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember ever hearing this story before. Seems a little far fetched, tbh.

I do remember a story of a diver who got lost in a cave and found a dry area where he waited for quite a while before being found. In a wreck it would seem unlikely to me to find an air pocket big enough to sustain life for very long.

R..

Ive seen a video of what happens to people when a bell door seal gets damaged. horrible stuff

I used to harvest uni...I love all kinds of seafood but uni tastes like snot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom