Bret Gilliam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was also sorry to learn Captain Bret Gilliam passed on. I was proud to nominate him for his 2012 NOGI Award in Sports and Education. He was always very nice to me, and what a loss for the diving world.

He died? When?
I also posted it on the NAUI Core site.
He was also NAUI#3234L , life member.

Wow! Sorry to hear that. I once heard Cronin teased Gilliam about wearing a G-shock when Cronin had a Rolex because PADI allowed him to have a Submariner while TDI must only allow Brett to afford a G-shock. Brett smacked his G-shock around then challenged John to do that with his Rolex. Cronin passed on the challenge. I don't know if that story is true or not. I heard it from the president of another agency. It is funny though.

I never met him, but I've read a bunch of his stuff. Whether you agreed with him on various topics or not, he's still one of the giants on whose shoulders we all stand today, and I am sorry to learn of his passing.
Agreed. End of an era.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom