Bridge debris from old Donald Ross Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally got to check out this site yesterday. Plenty of sand out there between rock piles, so it would be easy to miss on a bad viz day. We dove directly in front of the Green roof building. Looks like there is a larger dark shadow area about 100 yards South of there. Anyone know how many patches there are? The piles we found were about 250 yards off shore and nothing to the East. Lots of puffers, 6 lobsters, spotted eel, Hog and snapper. No lionfish today.

jupiter_044.jpg

Thanks for posting!

I might take a shot at it by boat Vets day.

Anybody have the GPS numbers?

Finally got to check out this site yesterday. Plenty of sand out there between rock piles, so it would be easy to miss on a bad viz day. We dove directly in front of the Green roof building. Looks like there is a larger dark shadow area about 100 yards South of there. Anyone know how many patches there are? The piles we found were about 250 yards off shore and nothing to the East. Lots of puffers, 6 lobsters, spotted eel, Hog and snapper. No lionfish today.

Thanks for posting the dive report. Did you kayak out or take a boat out?? (or swim).

Viz was about 25', seas were about 2' and we dove about 3 hours after high tide. We could see the dark shadows of the debris areas from shore. The area about 100 yds South of the beach access was the darkest, so we swam out in-line there, but were pushed North to inline with the green roof building, by the time we made it out, about 250 yds. We could see the boulders from the surface.
I have a dive-alert inflater hose whistle and a tall flag. A couple boats did arrive as we were leaving, but no issues.
This site is listed in a shore dive book I saw at a couple diveshops. The title is something like "Florida Shore Diving from Ft Pierce thru Broward"
It has a hand drawn map and I thought there were some other debris, other than just rock piles.

Check this out

Naturally Jupiter

If you zoom, what I assume is thee debris field(s) can be seen quite clearly.

Thanks.
Looks like just over 300 yds. Should be able to hit all three patches if you start out from the walkway just S of the green roof buildings, then work/drift North to the other two patches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom