Brief dive report on Dominica and Tobago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ippy01

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from a cruise that gave me the opportunity to do 2 dives in both Dominica and Tobago. Some observations in no particular order:

Dominica is beautiful! I dove with Nature Island Dive in the "town" (OK, more like a few houses) of Soufriere. Very nice people, decent boats, and dive sites very close to shore. Based on a very small sample (again, only 2 dives) I rate Dominica as high as anywhere in the Caribbean. If you dive with Nature Island, I particularly recommend the wall dive that is literally ~150 yards from the shore/dive shop.

Tobago was also terrific. Some coral bleaching, but generally very beautiful reefs. One of the dive sites we went to had a LOT of current -- but I'm told that's typical for Tobago.

Surprisingly, I didn't see any Lion Fish in either location. Probably just a matter of time.

Bottom line: both locations moved up considerably on my "must-do" list. I expect to plan a future vacation to both islands.

Dominica is a great trip for a vacation both above and below the water. Nature Island Dive may be my favorite dive op in all the Caribbean having so far also dived at Belize, Curacao, Akumal, Cozumel, Grand Cayman & Bonaire (and Key Largo).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom