Brockville/Rockport Easter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I will be diving in the Rockport/Brockville area over the Easter Hols... I will have students with me (Deco class)... but if any of you folks are in the area and are looking for folks to have supper with on Saturday (and possibly Sunday) evening, let me know

DD

What qualifications should a diver have to join you? Or do we limit ourselves?

DivingGal once bubbled...
What qualifications should a diver have to join you? Or do we limit ourselves?

Hi DG:

My folks will be in 60 to 75 feet of water doing buoyancy and other skills... not actual decompression dives... that comes later.

Or did you mean what qualifications should a diner have to join me? That's an easier question to answer... strawberry blonde, great smile..... LOL

DD

the dive sound interesting, if you'll ever dive with me again after the weekends fiasco! :wink:

sorry, but I don't have blonde hair or a nice smile, but your'e not really my type anyways :D

Hmmm, how about...

Strawberry blonde and evil grin? :D

Seriously - I AM interested in joining (need the practice) but not sure what dates/times you are actually diving. Saturday?

Canuckdiver - when/where is this dive you are planning over Easter weekend and can others come in. (Hmm, what fiasco?)

Doppler once bubbled...
My folks will be in 60 to 75 feet of water doing buoyancy and other skills... not actual decompression dives... that comes later.

Or did you mean what qualifications should a diner have to join me? That's an easier question to answer... strawberry blonde, great smile..... LOL

If you can provide details, I think I may just join your group for a dive. 'sides I'll have some questions about the deco stuff you might be able to answer!

As for dinner -- you bet, though does this mean I have to visit the hairdresser? :D

I will be meeting my group -- well about half of them -- at Dan Humble's at about 08h30 on Saturday (same thing Sunday) and then going to Rockport. Likelihood is that we will be diving on and off for most of the late morning and early afternoon. The plan is for my folks to demonstrate buoyancy skills using a "special doppler meter" of my own design... and some other things. You folks are more than welcome to come by and visit and you can even see what an awful task-master I am to my poor decompression students!

As for questions about deco -- I can try to answer them :( I am supposed to know something about it but as has been said many times before: "It's a crap shoot!"

DD

I'll see if I can get myself out of bed early enough in the morning :D

sounds like it's going to be interesting to say the least :wink:

Doppler once bubbled...
... As for questions about deco -- I can try to answer them :( I am supposed to know something about it but as has been said many times before: "It's a crap shoot!"

DD

I have a feeling you can answer any question I have about the deco stuff. Just clarification of some of the info provided to me.

Now, as for "meet at Dan Humble's at about 08h30 on Saturday"
-- what and where is "Dan Humble's"???

DivingGal once bubbled...

I have a feeling you can answer any question I have about the deco stuff. Just clarification of some of the info provided to me.

Now, as for "meet at Dan Humble's at about 08h30 on Saturday"
-- what and where is "Dan Humble's"???

Dan Humbles store is on Highway 2 about 3 klicks east of Mallorytown (NOT mallorytown landing!) Mallorytown turn-off is exit 675 off Highway 401. Head north less than a km and turn right at the T junction. Dan's store is on the left. From the highway you will see a LARGE dive flag. If you do not know the store, you are in for a treat. It is one of the very best in Ontario... I kid you not!

Deco clarification, eh? Well, you know, I might just give you a really obtuse and erudite answer to cloud the waters even further... :wacko: :D :confused: :eek:

DD

Back
Top Bottom