Broken heart?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Move on, become your own best freind and kick yourself in the ass and live life to it's fullest. When you start waking up in your mid-30s, 40s, etc. and wonder where all that time went - don't say you wasted a minute of it - Love stinks, wasting time being sad is not worthy of precious life and can only make you sick.

Better to have loved and lost then never loved at all...

As we divers know, there are more fish in the sea...

any other cliches?

kjunheart once bubbled...
THE BEST REVENGE IS LIVING WELL!!!

Not to say that your situation is such that requires revenge - a relationship that just drifts apart can hurt as much as a dramatic "they did me wrong" scenario.

During my own very messy, very ugly and painful divorce, everything was a struggle. Not so much that we were splitting up (his actions prior to the split pretty much guaranteed that) - but the facing of a brand new life. We'd been together for 8 years, and as crappy as it had been in the end, it was my life. Starting again - from scratch and having to support my daughter alone was a scary thought.

It was very tough, but life goes on and I believe in those kinds of situations you discover that you have strengths you never realized you had. One day you'll reach a point that you can look back and say that you gained something from the experience.

So go out, realize you'll have both good days and bad, but the best cure is to stay occupied, go out with friends, spend time with relatives - and soon your "us" routine will evolve into a "my" routine and hopefully it won't hurt so badly.

You're in good company, amigo. I'm going through the exact same thing myself right now. Just when my heart gets mended, it gets trodden on all over again. . . ;-0

I don't have an answer for you because, frankly, I'm looking for the same answer myself. If you figure out what the answer is, please let me know. I'll do the same for you. :(

...is cheer up, and go diving with my buds (although it's pretty chilly in the water these days).
Your soul-mate has to be a diver anyway, right? :D

Awwwww, poor lamb.
It always helps to remember that whatever does not kill us makes us stronger, and that trauma builds character. :)

:huggy:

You are all right. It's just hard to perk up and go out and do things with the situation I am in right now. I'm, in all intensive purposes, away from all my family and good friends and in a not so friendly enviroment. I just hope I get shipped home soon so I can go on doing what I enjoy. Maybe keeping my schedual extremly busy and tiring, everything will just cover up my broken heart.
Just kind of sucks swamp water when every time I truly start to care for someone, I get hurt. I havn't truly cared for someone in over 2 years, and when I finally did....well, as they say, life goes on.
But thank you everyone. I'm going to go down a bunch of yoohoo and drown my sorrows (I don't drink alcohol)

Words from a way older woman (okay, I checked your profile pic) but there's this ....you deserve someone who treats you well - we all do. It may take you a long time to get to the point of realizing it was her loss, but trust me, it was. Just promise me that you won't sign up for any of those reality shows....!

For me, the best way to get over my last relationship was to relish every time I didn't have to make a concession. I can watch whatever I want, eat whatever and wherever I want, go do what I want when I want.....

And for goodness sake go diving, blowing bubbles is like taking valium. Then take a nap.

Rachel

Go out and try as root as many chicks as you can!

:psst: Make sure you have some of her stuff at your house for when you bring them home and you'll probably get the sympathy vote as well! Seriously. Thought it was bull****, but has worked for me (and mates) a few times :thumb:

I have found the aggression part of heart break quite useful when channelled correctly.

Realistically, if it was not going to work it was never going to work so you'd be wasting your time trying to stick together.

(bear in mind I'm heartless and jaded)

SimonN once bubbled...

Realistically, if it was not going to work it was never going to work so you'd be wasting your time trying to stick together.

(bear in mind I'm heartless and jaded)

Not true, I got divorced (big mistake on my part - long story), an now - after a few years apart, we had a chance to grow into the people we are today and we are back together with talk of getting re-married! I think it was a tough thing to go through, especially hard on him, but we are stronger for it now and as much in love as ever. True love can prevail, sometimes just needs a little room to grow, a lot of understanding and forgiveness, love will find a way, believe me, I am living proof.

Now if it is a bad relationship through and through, well, that is a different story and not worth the energy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom