Brrr...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KansaiKitsune

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
When's it gonna warm up around here?

I've got a mind to go down and do The Living Seas at Disney just to keep in practice.

I'm still around, by the way, just haven't gotten any dives in yet.

Brrr is an understatement. I went off Jax this weekemd and only got one dive in because or the seas and the wind..the water was 51' on the bottom and it felt like -20' on the way in with a 6.5 suit and the wind. That is the coldest ive ever been.

You gotta really be dedicated to dive like that. I don't mind the water temp so much if the air is reasonably warm. Sure hope it warms a bit in the next couple weeks as I am heading down there. Guess I should bring my 6 mil and extra ton of weights just in case.

KansaiKitsune:
When's it gonna warm up around here?

I've got a mind to go down and do The Living Seas at Disney just to keep in practice.

I'm still around, by the way, just haven't gotten any dives in yet.

Quit complaining, it is -3F right now and storming for the last two days. The stores are closed, churches are closed and the schools have all closed for tommorrow. The wind is up with 7ft. to 10ft waves on Lake Mich. , icebergs are being made as we speak.

Springs are at constant temps, keep the heat on in the car - LOL.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Springs are at constant temps, keep the heat on in the car - LOL.

You got it !!! Works for me ... :D
(Get out , throw off the gear and hit the car ... )

Da Bean

With all this talk about global warming lately, you'd think it'd be a bit warmer out.

Oh well, at least if the polar icecaps melt, that means the oceans will rise, and there'll be more dive sites. Just think how many opportunities we'll have if the world ends up like that old film Waterworld.

Hey we got it good! Its not that cold and if the water seems cold then a drysuit will solve that (although very pricey). It could be much worse, just ask those who are in Chi-Town!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom