Bucket list liveaboard trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

also_anon_dc

Contributor
Reaction score
Curious to hear what people would consider their must-do/bucket list liveaboard trips if cost and time away from home didn't factor into things.

I already have a Banda Sea crossing trip planned for 2023 and a 10 day liveaboard in Raja Ampat for 2024. Eventually I'll get to Tubbataha but after that I'm not sure. Galapagos is enticing but anything colder than 75 degrees is Too Cold for me so I'm not sure what to do about that.

What's on your wish list??

A couple of weeks on the Truk Odyssey.
I have a trip in the planning stage for the Emperor Explorer in the Maldives for 2025.

A couple of weeks on the Truk Odyssey.
I have a trip in the planning stage for the Emperor Explorer in the Maldives for 2025.

Is diving at Truk rec friendly? I'd always assumed it was only tech diving.

I was actually on Emperor Explorer in August 2022. It was a great trip but I wouldn't consider it bucket list level. I went in the off season though so the weather was not great and we didn't see any whale sharks (one of my bucket list animals) so maybe I didn't have the best experience. Eventually I'd like to do a deep south Maldives trip.

Red Sea North for the June full moon, as said above Red Sea South and when it settles down - Sudan

Red Sea North for the June full moon, as said above Red Sea South and when it settles down - Sudan
What is different during the full moon? I was in the northern Red Sea in May but wasn’t too impressed. The reefs were beautiful but most dive sites were really crowded with distractingly bad divers.

Is diving at Truk rec friendly? I'd always assumed it was only tech diving.

I was actually on Emperor Explorer in August 2022. It was a great trip but I wouldn't consider it bucket list level. I went in the off season though so the weather was not great and we didn't see any whale sharks (one of my bucket list animals) so maybe I didn't have the best experience. Eventually I'd like to do a deep south Maldives trip.
Yes, but you don't see as much.

I still remember stories of the tech divers hanging out on deco, the rec divers show up, dive, and leave. The tech divers are still in the same spot hanging out on deco watching the rec divers come and go.

I'll say that the majority of the business is still recreational divers.

What is different during the full moon? I was in the northern Red Sea in May but wasn’t too impressed. The reefs were beautiful but most dive sites were really crowded with distractingly bad divers.
June full moon is when the reef fish school up for spawning - jacks etc etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom