Buddy Dive Resort Layout Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have a map of the layout of Buddy Dive ?

Is the resort spreadout ? It looks a little big on the website. I am looking for a 2-bedroom condo/apartment that is both close to the dock and where we park our truck. We shoot video and photo. The gear can get heavy.

Den Laman looks like it is perfect, but they only have 4 units. If they are booked I'll have to find someplace else.

I was there in 2007 and everyone parked in one large lot away from the dock. But, you can drive down to the dock and park for a few minutes to unload equipment. I remember only about two parking spots near the dock and restaurants. Most resorts provide lockers for divers to keep their gear in near the docks. There is a drying room for wets suits etc to hang after rinsing. Buddy Dive is a 1st class operation but I am staying at Divi Flamingo Resort in Oct.

At Buddy basically, you walk to all the apartments and there are several buildings in the complex.

We were there this past summer and "Trwmodela" is correct... You can also drive up you your hotel/apt room to load and unload, but I am not sure about the rooms on the other side of the pool. You may double check and make sure you can get on the bottom floor so your not totting your equipment up and down stairs...

I'll be staying at Buddies in November and I'm wondering if the TV's have input jacks for reviewing video? Anyone know?

I'll be staying at Buddies in November and I'm wondering if the TV's have input jacks for reviewing video? Anyone know?

Some do and some don't. Our room this past March had an older TV in it but it did have the white/red/yellow style hookups in the back. But it was a small tv. Maybe 19 inches at best.

Why not try Sand Dollar? You can ask for a unit close to BDA and have a walk not much different than you'd get from Den Leman. Also, your truck will park a few steps away from your condo entrance at Sand Dollar.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but it looks like Den Laman has units available. I'm talking with BonairePros right now. They are quoting prices much lower than listed on the Den Laman site.

Den%20Laman%20Front%20View.htm
Here is a picture I found on the internet.
Den Laman Front View

Den Laman location and dock look perfect.

I'm getting excited. This will be my 1st time on Bonaire. Time to get out the macro lens.

Andy at Bonairepros is a great operation. They'll treat you right. :D

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but it looks like Den Laman has units available. I'm talking with BonairePros right now. They are quoting prices much lower than listed on the Den Laman site.

Den%20Laman%20Front%20View.htm
Here is a picture I found on the internet.
Den Laman Front View

Den Laman location and dock look perfect.

I'm getting excited. This will be my 1st time on Bonaire. Time to get out the macro lens.

You will read some negatives on this site about this location and the related dive operation - including some I have written.

However, with all that being said, I would go back and would stay there again without hesitation.

You have no ideal what wonders await you!!!!!

Can you fill me in Dan ? I've read a few negative things about the dive operation. Limited hours/ access to tanks/gear. Dive staff attitude. Have only read good things about the condo and house reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom