Buddy Issues, complaints and close calls??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like a buddy 10 feet away or so. Allenwrench, what a good idea about having 2 noise makers! My friend and her husband, and I were diving a couple of weeks ago at night. I had a tank light, but they didn't. So I spent most of my dive trying to ascertain where they were (seems like everyone had blue fins, and I'd latch onto the worng person!), while they knew where I was. It would have been a better dive for me if I had brought extra lights for them! (Since returning home, they have bought lights).

Now I'm thinking both, or all, buddies should have a signalling device for daytime diving when our attention strays from each other. I gave them a scare when they kept up with others in the group and I lagged.

Which reminds me, do any of you find it harder to dive with a trio than a duo??

Fish_Whisperer:
*snicker* We were doing a dive at Vortex Spring, and the dive master couldn't figure out why she was so popular with all the fish.

(It may have had something to do with the catfood that "someone" slipped into the pocket of her BC) *ahem*

:rofl3: that's just awesome, i'll have to remember that little trick with the 'meow mix'.

highlandfarmwv:

It just depends on their skills. If I'm leading the dive, it means that I have more people to keep an eye on, and communication is of the essence. If I am diving with other divers who are more experienced and better than I am, (90% of divers out there, most likely! LOL) then I am able to relax and enjoy it more.

As a newbie, I was a bit concerned when my buddy, who was supposed to be behind me paniced, bit off his regulator rubber mouth piece and surfaced.......without his gear. I noticed he wasn't there when I saw his BCD, reg, etc... floating next to me without him in it. My new buddy, I'm happy to say, is worth his weight in gold.

highlandfarmwv:

it makes the dive a bit less cruisy, i think - especially in poor visibility.

it probably depends on communication & familiarity in the group, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom