Budget, but not sleaze - Big Apple ? Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i stayed in sabang inn a few years ago. they have a small pool and the rooms were pretty basic but clean. am not sure if they have renovated the rooms by now but am sure the pool is the same size. the owner/instructor was very cool.
these days, i prefer staying at out of the blue villas if i can get the studio or one bedroom units and dive with seariders. both are in small lalaguna which is relatively free of the denizens of the night. closer to point bar too.

sabang inn apears to be ok as a resort. expect to dive with somebody else. no good comments at the moment. tinas a fairly new outfit is just around the corner.

how good? no idea. talked to the instructor who seems to be friendly and relaxed.

Stayed at Angelyn's last month. Had the 3rd floor frontmost aircon room facing d sea.
Very quiet & clean. The whole balcony to myself. 1700php inc breakfast. :)

I was there last month and stayed at Banana Moon and met a guy who I dove with for a week and he was staying at tina's. Price was 800. He liked it, but it seemed a bit of a walk to get to the dive shops. also next to Lalaguna beach club in big la laguna are some cottages from 500-800, no pool or view, but clean and safe. Agree that out of the blue villas is nice, but beyond the price of 1500.

I might add that my in-laws did not like Banana Moon. Reason was that I took the third floor which was several steps up and they were constantly complaining about that. but the view was spectacular, (I didn't mind the exercise), and we were the only ones up that high so it was very quiet. they also were complaining about the price at 1700, but with a full kitchen/cable/wifi/hot showers/huge balcony/ and line to hang your gear to dry I was in heaven. My in-laws on the other hand wanted me to move to the cottages in Big Lalaguna at 800 a night, but no AC no cable or wifi, no view, no porch, but next to the restaurant where they could eat all day.
I used Mark at Searider which was next door to Banana Moon, hence no walk and the SI was in my room, how can you beat that?
Plus the folks at Banana Moon were friendly and helful in every way.

Lots of great tips that hadn't showed up in previous searches, thanks !

Two questionz though,

1. no one has commented on Big Apple ? Anyone stayed there ?

2. Can you negotiate a better rate than the published fare either through email or when showing up ? In my experience elsewhere, you can usually do better, unless you are arriving at a very busy time, I'm looking at arriving July 5th, a Monday, during the low season for a week plus..........any chance of some of these places offering a discount ? so far via email the responses have matched the web prices..........

Thanks !

never stayed at big apple myself. wouldn't have hesitations to stay there. when negotiating prices long stay is an advantage. at this time of the year just show up and threaten to move on. that will be the cheapest you can get

Beside Mark's Sea Rider shop is Sha-Che Inn, relatively new. I got it for my family of 4 at P3,000 per night with kitchen, hot and cold shower, and cable TV. Beside the inn is China Moon, great resto with good chef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom