Buford Sink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
My buddy Mike and I dived Buford Sink last week and I took a few pictures. Mike is the pansy in the hood. :eyebrow: :palmtree: Bob

Attachments

• PICT0204.jpg
    PICT0204.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 135
  • PICT0208.jpg
    PICT0208.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 97
  • PICT0211.jpg
    PICT0211.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 146
  • PICT0213.jpg
    PICT0213.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 151
  • PICT0214.jpg
    PICT0214.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 170
  • PICT0215.jpg
    PICT0215.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 107
  • PICT0223.jpg
    PICT0223.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 208
  • PICT0230.jpg
    PICT0230.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 161
  • PICT0236.jpg
    PICT0236.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 154
  • PICT0237.jpg
    PICT0237.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 116
  • PICT0222.jpg
    PICT0222.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 132
  • PICT0206.jpg
    PICT0206.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Awesome pics Bob!

Cheers.

-J.-

Nice pictures! We dove it last weekend, it's pretty dry in the swamp, so I only got stuck once :)

Please be careful diving here, you should be at least cavern certified. There were some OW divers there at the same time and they really screwed the vis in the cave portion by doing a bounce dive to 140'+ while we were exploring that section. We had to get on the line as a precaution due to the silt cloud. Not to mention the bits of limerock raining down upon us from above after we exited the cave portion.

Dive safe,

John

Nice pictures! We dove it last weekend, it's pretty dry in the swamp, so I only got stuck once :)

Please be careful diving here, you should be at least cavern certified. There were some OW divers there at the same time and they really screwed the vis in the cave portion by doing a bounce dive to 140'+ while we were exploring that section. We had to get on the line as a precaution due to the silt cloud. Not to mention the bits of limerock raining down upon us from above after we exited the cave portion.

Dive safe,
John

John,
Thank's for the cautionary note. No OW diver should ever dive Buford Sink as it is an advanced Cavern dive, which becomes a cave dive at the bottom of the debris field, which is around 140 ft. Mike and I were the only divers there last Wednesday, and there wasn't any silt stirred up. :wink: FYI I am Cavern certified and currently a cave apprentice. :palmtree: Bob

No problem, I thought you had proper training and besides the dates on photos didn't match when I was there. As you said, this is really an advanced cavern dive, especially if the sun goes behind a cloud!

John

No problem, I thought you had proper training and besides the dates on photos didn't match when I was there. As you said, this is really an advanced cavern dive, especially if the sun goes behind a cloud!

John

No worries John, no offense taken . I appreciate and understand your concern. :thumbs_up: :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom