Building your own IP gauge.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are we talking about a gauge used for adjusting the pressure on a first stage or is this conversation about something different?

I use both the mini one shown on Leisure Pro and the bigger shown on DGX for work.
Both are accurate and haven't quit on me. I prefer the mini one because it's lighter. I can move regs off the bench a few seconds faster. The big one is heavier and I tend to clink it a lot on the work bench when I'm shifting the reg off the bench

If however you're testing a reg without a purge (say argon reg), the DGX version has that better advantage. Otherwise you'll need an air blower tool to swap out to purge your 1st when you're done.

For home use, the weight won't make you notice a difference. But you can fit the mini in a save a dive kit.

Are we talking about a gauge used for adjusting the pressure on a first stage or is this conversation about something different?
If you are only testing when you service your reg then what you do makes sense. If you are testing in the field to monitor the condition of your first stage it seems like more work than needed when plugging it into your inflator hose is so easy.

Yes, and apparently, yes.

Oh I see. I'm not a professional servicing regulators. I just like to work on servicing my own stuff and buying old Dacors on Ebay and rebuilding them for fun. It makes sense you would want a quick disconnect fitting for checking pressure in the field.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh I see. I'm not a professional servicing regulators. I just like to work on servicing my own stuff and buying old Dacors on Ebay and rebuilding them for fun. It makes sense you would want a quick disconnect fitting for checking pressure in the field.
Thanks for clearing that up.

To me it would make more sense to reconnect your inflator hose after takedown & reassembly and then connect your IP gauge to it. Doing it your way you're doing one more screw/unscrew without any increased benefit of accuracy. Would save you a hot minute IMO.

Back
Top Bottom