bull shoals lake conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piffle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I went to Bull Shoals Aug 2 and 3. Surface temp was in the low 80's snd vis at the surface was about 10 feet. I only went to about 35 feet as I was with a brand new diver that wanted to keep it shallow. The thermocline was at about 28 feet and below that the temp was in the 70's and vis opened up to 15 to 20 feet. I've seen it a lot better there but for this time of year its not bad. I had a good time and it was definitely worth the trip.

Hay Piffle did you see any of the dive sites while you were their? I have not been this year so i'm just looking for a little more low down.

I really just was looking for water that was clear near the banks, and ended up diving a place called "spanish wrecks" on the dive map posted on bull shoals lake boat dock web site. I did run into the guy that led dives from bull shoals lake boaat dock while I was out on the water, and he offered to show me some spots on the the map but I was with someone new to diving thats still trying to get comfotable in the water and just wanted to keep it simple and shallow. I am planning on going to lake norfork one more time this year with some more experiencd divers hopefully before the vis goes away.

Piffle I'll be working in the mt home area for some time to come so at some time if you want send me a note an we'll get together for a dive. and did you have to pay your guide or was he just telling were to go? any way happy diving!

I was in my boat, my Nitro bass boat actually, that I used to fish from until I started diving. While I was out on the water, he pulled up in the marina pontoon dive boat and offered to direct me to any dive site that I might be interest in. Seemed like a pretty nice guy.

Nagel what kind of goose chase's have you been on?

Personally, none. I talked to a diver once who was looking for the sail boat and Johnney kept telling him where it was. Actually, really not a goose chase because he eventually found it, but it was a toy sailboat.

Don't get me wrong, Johnney is a good guy. I find him entertaining - he's a great ambassador for the lake. Everytime you talk to him, the viz is great and Bull Shoals is the divers paradise of the midwest.

Snagel

LOL!!!

Have you ever talked to Jerry clause on Norfork? Your friend sounds about the same. But I don’t think he has ever sent someone looking for a toy sailboat that’s a good one!

Back
Top Bottom