Bunaken+Lembeh 12 nights trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not Bangka instead of Bunaken? The diving around Bunaken was good but not extraordinary. I really prefer Bangka over Bunaken. Visibility was the same, we had also some very good drift dives and there reefs are good. What I liked more around Bunaken where the turtles and the one shark we saw. Lembeh was truly great! Absolutely stunning!

I did the same thing last May. A week in Lembeh and a week on Bunaken. I would go back to Lembeh would probably pass on Bunaken. The coral on Bunaken was very nice but I have seen just as nice in the Philippines. The macro stuff in Lembeh is amazing. I stayed at Bastianos at both places. Bastianos Lembeh does not seem to get much attention on here but it was very nice. Clean big rooms, beautiful setting. Friendly staff and great service.

Great suggestionsI
have checked and there are some specials in May. I wonder if the conditions are worst at that time and therefore there are discounts??

Can't imagine why conditions would not be good in May. Lembeh is protected and diveable all year, and the monsoon season that affects Bunaken and Bangka should be well past.

Great suggestionsI
have checked and there are some specials in May. I wonder if the conditions are worst at that time and therefore there are discounts??

Discounts could be because it is outside of the busy northern hemisphere holiday season (June & July).
April - June is supposedly prime time for Bangka, and if it is for Bangka then I can imagine Bunaken too. As others have said Lembeh is truly year round, although there does seem to be a bit of seasonality with some of the critters.
As I mentioned in another post I will be heading to Bangka in July! Cant wait. Will be staying at Blue Bay Divers. Seems like a really pretty spot they have there.

As for recommendations, NAD is great value for money and Simon is a great host (you could possibly do a photographic course with him). Divers Lodge Lembeh has some of the best service I have EVER experienced, JUST brilliant and the bungalows are much better than NAD. Given the currency exchange at the moment DLL is actually almost the same price as NAD. The only "problem" is that DLL is slightly further away from the dive spots, BUT you do get the chance to dive the east coust of Lembeh for some reef diving. Pro's and cons.

One thing I've noticed about Lembeh in particular is that I have hardly EVER heard a bad review from any of the resorts! They all seem to be great.
Where ever you end up I'm 99.99% sure you will have an amazing trip!

I have a 10% saddle season discount at twofish in may because it's in between Easter and summer holidays. The conditions are apparently ok. Decent viz at this point, should b able to dive east coast lembeh and bangka as well. Maybe slightly less critters than in July August when viz is at its lowest in lembeh. Think whenever u go it's good. I didn't rate bunaken but was unlucky to not see much. I went in peak octopus season to lembeh in dec and only saw one mimic and one BRO in a week and no wonderpus. This year there was loads apparently. Luck of draw!!

Almitch how long u diving bangka for?

Ok flights booked and deposit sent to two fish divers 17-29 May
I think I will change to 5 nights 4 days in Bunaken and do 3 dives per days no night dives or maybe one
Then transfer to lembeh for one week there am planning two day dives and night dive every day as it looks extremely special

I dare say I couldn't make myself skip a dive opportunity there. Minimum 4 a day at Bunaken (maybe 5) and 4 a day at Lembeh. Dive 'til you (I) drop!

Sounds like a good plan. If you have never been to the area I would recommend to do a combination trip. I would recommend more time in Lembeh than Bunaken as the diving is so different.

Depending on your budgets I would recommend:

Lower - Mid Range End - Two Fish, NAD Lembeh, Living Colours, Bunaken Cha Cha
Higher End - Lembeh Resort, Cocotinos, Minahasa Lagoon,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom