Bunaken & Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll go to Lembeh in May, for 5 nights total...
does it worth it to visit Buanken as well? Or should I stay in one place to save on travelling time?
I've been to both places before, and like them both, lol

No

Yes

What kind of diving do you prefer? If you like reef and turtles and sharks then I would say to go to Bunaken as well but if you have limited time I would recommend staying in just one place as 5 days isn't long in Lembeh you need at least a week (or more!!). What kind of budget are you on?

What kind of diving do you prefer? If you like reef and turtles and sharks then I would say to go to Bunaken as well but if you have limited time I would recommend staying in just one place as 5 days isn't long in Lembeh you need at least a week (or more!!). What kind of budget are you on?

err, actually, i like both, that's why i'm struggling with the idea...
but maybe i should make a choice this time...

i'm looking for budget places...

ditto

ditto (but ask for diving Bangka straits as well, which you can do on daytrip from operators located in north/central Lembeh. Sahaung 2 is a fantastic coral spot and a very nice change from the usual Lembeh muck.).

I recently spent 3 days diving in Bunaken. Tasik Ria resort do a day trip to Lembeh for 3 dives once a week. It's a 2 hour drive from Manado to Lembeh, ie not far at all. I spent 2 days diving Bunaken and the 1 day trip to Lembeh. Both are fantastic! Bunaken infinite walls, pristine coral, viz 40 m+, just jump in descend and drift with the current, spectacular. No big stuff though, saw 1 tiny white tip sleeping in a hole. Lembeh, some patches of stunning coral, but all the wierd critters that you don't see anywhere else. In summary do both, and choose how much time you spend at each place depending on you preferences. When the day's diving is finished get a cab to take you to the other side for the next days diving. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom