burst disks vs safety

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breathing gas = life. More is better. Anything that lets it out before you can breath it is bad.

The commute is a bit*h, but can I start bringing my LP98's to you to fill????

I've gotta bust chops to get someone just fill my tanks topped at 2640, let alone higher.....

Last good fill I got was to 3100 while hot and that dropped back to 2700 once cooled......NOW THAT WAS A FILL!!!!!!! (that was while I was in Ohio)

Seriously though....for all of us outside of the Cave Belt, We thank you for your understanding of what we NEED.:)

WK

Windknot,
We can fill them and with whatever gas you might need. If you were on your way to a Missouri cave or the other side of the lake we wouldn't be too far out of the way. All our blending is PP so trimix takes some time to get right. I don't have a booster so you won't get a full tank with 100%. Everything else is a snap.

Mike

I was informed that burst discs WERE necessary on the tanks/valves of yesteryear, when the gas was "held in" by plumber's tape in the valve threads.

Now that tanks neck o-rings are the norm, the burst disc is not necessary as most any tank neck o-ring will extrude before a tank's burst pressure is reached. (I recall overhearing that the burst pressure for an oms/faber lp tank was somewhere in the range of 10000 psi anyhow?)

Now... why doesn't this neck o-ring fail due to the heat in a fire?

DSAO,
Anth

P.S. - My burst discs are intact, however I'm a recreational openwater diver at this point. The surface is always a direct ascent away. If i were a few thousand feet in a cave things would be an ENTIRELY different story.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom