Buying Drysuit in Arizona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicole2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I live in Mesa, AZ and I'm looking into buying a drysuit at LDS. I'm interested in Santi, but I think the closest shop that carries is in LA. Should I just fly to LA and get my drysuit ordered to AZ? Any thoughts on how I should go about this?

thanks!

If you’re set on Santi and there isn’t a dealer, you’re either going to have to ask one of them to look at adding the line, or you’ll be traveling to get measured if you don’t fit one of their standard sizes.

Is there a particular reason you want a Santi? Seeing as a large percentage of divers at lake pleasant are in dry suits for a good portion of the year, it would be worth taking a look at what’s being offered locally.

That being said, I’d get a seamstress or tailor to measure you and buy a Seaskin. You’re gonna save money and the wait isn’t going to be appreciably longer than any other made-to-measure suit.

If you aren't set on Santi, I think El Mar is a DUI dealer.

@nicole2 unrelated, but if you’re not already a member, the Arizona Scuba Divers on Facebook is much more active than the regional forum here.

If you have to get on a plane anyway, hop a flight to Chicago and head to Dive Right In Scuba. Somewhere I heard that they sell more drysuits than anyone, have multiple brands, and have a shop guarantee that makes it a viable option. For the price of the drysuit, their point system would get you some serious credit as well.

While your there, hop a boat and do some Lake Michigan wreck diving, eat some pizza, have a dog or 10, find a Hot Itallian Sandwhich (has nothing to do with hookers...but it could...) and maybe catch the Cubs at Wrigley. Except for the plane, cubs, and hookers, that's what we're doing this weekend.

Here Ya go!!
Buy Dry Suits at Dive Right In Scuba

Good luck!
Jay

If you have to get on a plane anyway, hop a flight to Chicago and head to Dive Right In Scuba. Somewhere I heard that they sell more drysuits than anyone, have multiple brands, and have a shop guarantee that makes it a viable option. For the price of the drysuit, their point system would get you some serious credit as well.

While your there, hop a boat and do some Lake Michigan wreck diving, eat some pizza, have a dog or 10, find a Hot Itallian Sandwhich (has nothing to do with hookers...but it could...) and maybe catch the Cubs at Wrigley. Except for the plane, cubs, and hookers, that's what we're doing this weekend.

Here Ya go!!
Buy Dry Suits at Dive Right In Scuba

Good luck!
Jay

It’s an Italian Beef sandwich...

From here LAX is about a 45min. flight. It sometimes took me longer thru check-in/security.

You go to Chicago for the Pizza...

HAHA this Chicago discussion.. I just moved from Chicago! I miss it but not too much to go back this soon!
I will definitely check out the brands offered locally.

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom