Buying Gopro 4 this weekend, need suggestions, lights, tray, etc for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on the discussion in this thread, I ordered the Hero 4 Silver this morning. I don't need 4K/60fps at the moment and in reviewing the sample video, I couldn't tell much of a difference between the Silver/Black anyway. I also reviewed the manual to make sure the LCD screen could be turned off (which it can), since I had concerns about it draining the battery too rapidly in cold water.

My previous GoPro experience is with a Hero 3 Silver edition, which I was more than happy with. This will definitely be an improvement!

Added the SRP tray/filter/lights, and I also have a pair of 21w HID video lights I could rig up if I need large amounts of light somewhere down the line.

Very nice ! Sounds like it's going to be a beast of a rig!

I got to Best Buy this morning, they opened at 11am. I got their by 11:40am, and they sold 19 , me being the 19th of 22 Hero4 Black edition they had.

I was going in to buy the Hero 4 Silver, and after all week considering the two, I had my mind set on the Silver, and that was it. Then I got into the store, and saw everyone with the Black in their hands. Now confused to why everyone was buying the black, I grabbed one of the last 3 on the shelf of the Black edition. They had a ton of Silver Hero 4's on the shelf, and I said ok, may everyone knows something I don't, I better grab the Hero4 Black

They also had a 32G 4K memory card on sale from $99 to $29.00 so I grabbed that as well, along with the Battery backpack, to give it additional battery life while diving

I just got home, and about to open everything, now the fun begins!

Attachments

• 2014-10-05 12.17.31.jpg
    2014-10-05 12.17.31.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 483
Probably people want to have the BEST. It's a luxury product, maybe like having an iPhone... Having compared features, I would not see why to go for a black edition vs silver for diving purposes. Going for a silver soon.

I agree. For diving, I don't see why anyone would want anything more then the Hero4 Silver.

I also fly quadcopter's, and am setting mine up for the first time to fly FPV.

So because I'll be using the Gopro for this also, at the last minute I grabbed a Hero4 Black.

Here's what I fly , using with a Gorpro

Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight | DJI

interesting

Custom F450..Hero2 black but use black 3plus now in u/w stuff...my sons and I have lots of fun with these. I find it adds to the enjoyment and its cool to re-enjoy via video.

Nice! Very cool hobby to share with your sons !

I just bought the DJI Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimble from Amazon for $829.00 RTF

I'm looking into the FPV equipment now

Last year I sold my DJI F550 , which I never got in the air

I'm looking forward to shooting some video with the Hero4 now with the Phantom 2 :)

Enjoy, thanks for sharing

My son likes his fat shark fpv 5.8ghz upgraded antenna...really amazing...you can see the potential in the whole drone thing.

Back
Top Bottom