Buying Gopro 4 this weekend, need suggestions, lights, tray, etc for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, That's exactly what I was looking at. I was trying to see if he was flying FPV in the video. I thought I caught a peak when he flew by the car and he was looking straight, but it was hard to see if he was wearing goggles.

I appreciate the tip

We just came back from a dive trip at Indonesia using GoPro 3+black & 1 Archon video light (W40VR). While the Archon light has a really broad spread though not deep, one light still doesn't seem to be enough to fill the scene for adequate lighting during the day at depth. Having a light even in broad day light underwater at 5M below makes a huge difference to bring all the lost color out. Night dive may be ok for one broad video light.

I'm taking two video lights next time for the Gopro rig. I remember other Gopro discussions recommending 2 lights.

Also, a good filter is key as well. The switchblade 3 that has both RED & Macro really worked.

to answer the opening question:

1. filters - SRP, polarpro, bacskcatter, i have them all! for price and simplicity, i really like the polarpro glass filters. i think polarpro got a bad reputation because of their original plastic filters.

I am shopping for a red filter and polarizer for my new 3+. Can you tell me your opinion on whether the SRP blurfix or CYD is worth the additional cost over a polar pro glass?

Thanks

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

All about LED backs (except touch screen) and lights has been discussed before, too many threads to list but search out. There is video to illustrate. FYI I started with a JVC Picsio with an LED and before long I noticed I wasn't looking at the LED but framing by pointing the camera.

I am shopping for a red filter and polarizer for my new 3+. Can you tell me your opinion on whether the SRP blurfix or CYD is worth the additional cost over a polar pro glass?

i have both and both give good results, so no, not worth the additional cost in my opinion.

i have both and both give good results, so no, not worth the additional cost in my opinion.
OK so I take it the image sharpness is equally good with both.
The polar pro website does not mention the use of glass on the product listings whole third party sellers do. Confusing...

P

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom