Buying my first set of equipment - Scubapro Equator BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi guys,

I've recently completed my divemaster certification and worked for a while as divemaster. Right now, I'm gonna move to Arizona and I believe I'll be diving most weekends. Even though I'm a divemaster, I still don't have a full set of equipment. I've been doing some research and I really like the Scubapro Equator BCD. What do you guys think about this BCD? Would you recommend me any other BCD?

Thanks!

Why the Equator not the Glide X or the Seahawk? Not saying that the Equator is bad, it is great for the traveling diver, but just curious on why you choose it instead of the other ones to be able to give you a better advice.

Mostly because of the prices. In the beginning I was thinking about buying a Cressi Aquaride Pro, but lots of people told me Cressi is garbage. So I started looking into the equivalent Scubapro ones.

What size are you? I have an Aqualung BC XXL AXIOM with 4 tank dives on it. I am going to a wing setup. I will make you a stellar deal on it if you will fit it.

Well, either the Glide X or the Seahawk definitely seem superior. But why specifically is it better if I'm going to be diving in America?

Well, either the Glide X or the Seahawk definitely seem superior. But why specifically is it better if I'm going to be diving in America?

Equator is for the warmer water, the Glide X and Seahawk have better buoyancy characteristics and will be more stable on you with heavier suit. (I am presuming that you will be diving in "colder" waters where you will be using heavier suit and even possibly a drysuit).

The Seahawk would be my best choice if I were in your place.

Any thoughts on buying second hand equipment? I haven't been considering that at all but I'm open to advice.

Back
Top Bottom