Buying used Scubapro regs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clearance Items at LEISUREPRO ....... Scubapro MK16/390 for $199.95 ..... OCEANIC Alpha 7 for $149.95 ..... Dacor Eagle for $124.95 ...... cheapest prices I have found

I bought a used Mk10 with two G250 second stages and scubapro gauges 10 years ago for $250 out of a shops rental string. You better get dinner and a kiss with that "deal."

Heck since I've just relegated that one to my back-up reg, I'll buy you a steak dinner, give you a kiss and sell that reg to ya for $400 :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Generally, a fair price for a used reg is about 40%-60% of retail depending on condition, service history and service status.

With a Mk 2 R190, R190 octo and resource computer, the retail proce would be around $590 and a fair used price would be in the $250-$350 range.

So at best the seller is asking for about twice what it is worth.

Personally, if I were buying used regs, I'd go with a used Mk 10, Mk 16, Mk 20 or Mk 25with a balanced second stage attached.

If you are interested I'd sell you a freshly serviced very nice near mint late production Mk 25 with a D400 second stage and a new Resource pressure/computer/compass console for the same $700.

be VERY careful when ordering from discount divers. i purchased a used reg from them which the sales person said repeatedly was serviced and when i got it and had a REAL tech open it, it was all corroded and i had to spend additional $$ to get it serviced. when contacted they were absolutely no help whatsoever, i was basically screwed.

in my humble opinion they run a shoddy, even dangerous business. i will NEVER buy from them again.

buyer beware of discount divers!

newbie in TN:
I have an opportunity to buy a set of used Scubapro regs. Here are the specs:

1st stage, MK2
2nd stage, R190
Octo, R190
Console, 5000 psi gage, genesis resourse computer, compass

They are asking $700 for the set. Can anyone give me any advice on this gear and if this a good deal?? I've done research on Scubapro and tried to find prices on this equipment, but no luck...

Shanna

700$ is absolutely crazy....

ummm, did anyone notice that the original post is from 2002? All very good advice, just a bit late for the questioner.

renpirate:
ummm, did anyone notice that the original post is from 2002? All very good advice, just a bit late for the questioner.
YES .... but he never replied what he did ..... buy new, used or what ?

renpirate:

It's fun to see how long a "resurrected" thread stays alive before someone mentions it's a walking zombie :D You get the cookie!

Ber Rabbit:
It's fun to see how long a "resurrected" thread stays alive before someone mentions it's a walking zombie :D You get the cookie!

Ooh, ooh White chocolate with macademia please:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom