C-4000/PT-010 Strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pixtreme PX21 strobe kit is about $100 plus you'll need a fiberoptic trigger cable which is another $10-15. The kit comes with trays and adapters for both surface and submerged use. Also included is a flex arm and filters

Are you sure it needs the trigger cable? There's no port on the housing for a cable to plug into - it needs to be a slave flash triggered by sensing the built-in flash on the camera. Cheers for the suggestion, though - this is the price range I'd like to be in if I can help it.

A fiber optics trigger cable is a type of slave trigger. The light from the cameras internal flash travels through the cable to the sensor on the strobe to make it fire. Below is a picture of dual fiber optics fired strobes with PT-015.

FullSet.jpg

The other way is a dedicated slave sensor connected to a compatible strobe. Below is an Ikelite set up that is the same era as your camera.

P10100763.jpg

I have been finding all my underwater camera gear on eBay lately. Ikelite has an inexpensive (for Ikelite) system for compact p&s, the AF35, with a list price of $420. There are also systems from INON and Sea&Sea, perhaps others will show some of them.

Are you sure it needs the trigger cable? There's no port on the housing for a cable to plug into - it needs to be a slave flash triggered by sensing the built-in flash on the camera. Cheers for the suggestion, though - this is the price range I'd like to be in if I can help it.

The FiberOptic trigger cable is for slave operation. One end goes on the camera housing in front of the cameras internal flash using 2 sided tape on a plastic velcro the other end slips into a port on the flash housing that lines it up with the flash sensor. The slave strobe has a 3 position switch on it that adjusts the slavestrobe to the cameras preflash. I have 2 of the PX21 kits and have used them on my Olympus C4040 and my Fuji F-700 with excellent results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom