C-4040 WAL & Accessorie Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Do you have any reccomendation for filters, housing lens protectors, and wide angle lens (WAL) for an Olympus housing for an Olympus C-4040?

My wife and I have used this setup with lots of great pictures. Now...we are hoping to invest in a WAL, filters, and the time to learn how to make manual adjustments.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

I am using an Inon WAL an Inon Close-up lens with my C4000.
There is a Type 1 and Type 2 Inon WAL for the Oly housings. Be sure and get the correct one. The Type 1 is what I use for the C4000 and I am fairly certain your C4040 uses the Type 2. Check Inon's website for the correct type for your camera. The Type 1 requires the lens ring on the housing to be changed because the lens sits too close to the housing glass.

I ordered both my lenses from Yuzo in Japan. He is very reliable and prompt. His website is here

If you get a WAL you will need a lens dock for it and the Close-up lens as well. The WAL should also have a leash on it to prevent you from dropping it and losing it. It is a heavy lens and sinks instantly. You can purchase a lens dock kit here.

I made my own tray so as to accomodate two lens docks. You can view it here

As far as filters go I think you can get good results without one by using manual white balance on your camera then adjusting the photos in Photoshop or similar program. I have some examples here.

Gilligan:
I am using an Inon WAL an Inon Close-up lens with my C4000.
....... here.

QUOTE]

Thank you for all the tips. I checked out your website and it is very informative. I could spend hours researching this stuff!

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom