C-Card information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAUI cards from Scuba Diver (i.e. "OW") through Master Scuba Diver (i.e. "ours is a *course*, PADI :p"), as well as Rescue and specialties (Nitrox, Search & Recovery), all contain only:
  • Course name (S&R says "Specialty Diver" at the top and "Search & Recovery Diver" between the name and cert date)
  • Diver's name
  • Certification date
  • Instructor name and number
  • Dive shop name
The lack of random numbers sometimes throws PADIworld operators into convulsions, but that's half the fun. ("Dive safety through education (and making PADIworld more fun)." should be NAUI's new motto. :D)

Frankly, not having a bunch of unnecessary information on the cards is fine by me. I remember fondly when they stopped putting SS numbers on Louisiana drivers licenses, and not having all sorts of pointless info on my diving card collection is appreciated. (Now, having a medical history card in with my cards would likely be a good idea, but I have no allergies or contraindications, so it'd likely be pleasantly sparse.)

GA Under Water:
Every time you get a new C-Card you will get a new number, untill you become Pro. Then you get a perm Number.

::edit:: need to read all previous posts first :)

I have the same number on each of my SSI cards...

Changing the Cert # is silly and probably the cause of a lot of mess ups at PADI. All my other certification (non diving) carries the same original certification # from day one as you progress through training. Makes alot of sense, you are that # diver and all your info is linked to that # instead of a bunch of numbers changing all the time.

Since a quite a few people don't care whats on the card, many different agencies etc etc I guess its fruitless to think something could be improved.

Alex777:
The C-Card of the future:

It carries an imbedded CPU and depth sensor. You are expected to carry it on every dive. It samples your depth every 10 seconds, crunches numbers, and stores info on such topics as: have you exceeded your NDL? Did you ascend too fast? The results are compiled into a summary of your diving "style" and, in particular, the degree of risk (in liability terms) which you represent when signing on to a dive boat. If the risk is high, they simply won't take you. Every year, you must upload the data to PADI when you apply for your annual, renewable OWD certification. If your data shows too many violations, the Scuba Police come and ...

And if you don't carry it on dives it registers you as an inactive diver, so you have to pay for a a refresher to get your renewal.. way to go.

Alison

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom