cabo pulmo snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
has anyone out there snorkeled at cabo pulmo? i have a bunch of questions?

is the reef hammered by people

is there a lot of bleaching

can you snorkel from the beach and have excellent snorkeling without a guide and boat

is there extensive branching type coral like in the remote bahamian islands (ie elkhorn corals etc) or are the reefs not as well developed as the bahamas

thanks

ted

has anyone out there snorkeled at cabo pulmo? i have a bunch of questions?

is the reef hammered by people

is there a lot of bleaching

can you snorkel from the beach and have excellent snorkeling without a guide and boat

is there extensive branching type coral like in the remote bahamian islands (ie elkhorn corals etc) or are the reefs not as well developed as the bahamas

thanks

ted
Ted

The reef at Cabo Pulmo is one of my favorite snorkels. I have snorkeled it almost every year for the last 8 years. To answer your questions:

Cabo Pulmo is quite never have I felt crowded there. usually there is only two or three other people on the beach. you will almost always have the reef to your self.

Yes the coral is suffering with a lot of bleaching, but the fish and other life more then make up for it.

Yes you can and snorkel for the beach. The reef is only 20 or 30 yards from the beach. At lower tides you can not swim over the inner reef but there is a cut that the boats use that you can find that will allow you to get out to deeper water. Learning where the cut is a must for snorkeling the reef.

The corals are not as impressive as what I have seen in Roatan (The only Caribbean Island that I have been to) but Cabo Pulmo's quite charm more then makes up for that. I highly recomend a few days in Cabo Pulmo. The diving and fishing are also excellent.

Cabo Pulmo has almost no night life, and is the opposite of Cabo San Lucas in almost every way. This is old Mexico not the Mexico that is turning into an extension of California.

House Gecko

Back
Top Bottom