California Kelp Divers T-Shirts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be interested too! I already have one of the KPP shirts and my original Texas Swamp Divers shirt (first group to HAVE a shirt) not to mention my GLWC shirt and beloved jacket.

Looking forward to meeting the SoCal group in November at the Wrinkles dive! BTW, what the heck is chorizo?
Ber :lilbunny:

justleesa:
I've never seen kelp :(.... I looked at some pics on the net and cam up with what I cam up with...got a better pic?

yeah, the kelp needs alot of work... here's some of our photos:
Kelp1003.jpg

kelp90257.JPG

kelp90171.JPG

I'm sure others have better photos but these can give you the actual "shape" of kelp.
here's the website of a member here, Chrism, who has some fabulous shots. Maybe he would let you use something: http://www.underwaterplanet.com/photo_galleries by location.htm

robin:D

A chorizo is also a sweetheart on this board (that will remain nameless by me :blinking: ) that is of Mexican descent. At one Wrinkle's dive he had a wetsuit that was too small. Several of his buddies were trying to cram him in it--kinda like a sausage. We've tried to get him to change his screen name to chorizo but he won't.
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

sarita75:
Nice designs! This is kind of exciting! I like the 2nd one best - the 3rd one, for some reason, the state reminds me of Texas.

Yeah! Now that you mention it, I see Texas too - most likely because you only see part of the state. Not a problem to remove the state behind it so you only have the text and the pic.

ok....as for the kelp...so the leaves come out of a bulb that is in a row of bulb leaves, right? is there one main vine in the middle? I'll have to hunt some more for a botanical drawing of kelp....that would help some. An alternative would be - if someone here is willing to give permission to use one of their photos. I would say we stick to only one fish (less is more type of thing).....

now you got it!! The little ball thing is what makes the kelp float instead of lay on the ocean floor. It is filled with air. The individual kelp fronds are anywhere from 1' to 5' long and actually flow back and forth rather than standing up stiff like your corn.

Do you really want to use a photo instead of a drawing? I would think that a photo would be harder to use effectively on shirts due to the amount of paint and colors involved.

And you know, justleesa, if you keep this up you are gonna have to come to Calif and dive the kelp!

justleesa:
Yeah! Now that you mention it, I see Texas too - most likely because you only see part of the state. Not a problem to remove the state behind it so you only have the text and the pic.

ok....as for the kelp...so the leaves come out of a bulb that is in a row of bulb leaves, right? is there one main vine in the middle? I'll have to hunt some more for a botanical drawing of kelp....that would help some. An alternative would be - if someone here is willing to give permission to use one of their photos. I would say we stick to only one fish (less is more type of thing).....
Robint's pictures there are pretty nice. I'll see if I can dig up anything worth using. Meanwhile, it should be a little more clear of how to make your own kelp graphics just by looking at a number of photos.

ok, first one just shows the design with out "Texas" in it

kelpsquare.jpg

second...does this look better?

for-show.jpg

or do the leaves have to be wider?

CompuDude:
I'm impressed!

Not to be a critic, but is there any way to make the kelp look less... corn-like?

I like the concepts a lot, it just looks like corn to me. :/

Dude, he's in Hawaii. I'm supprised he didn't use Taro leaves in the background or add Plumaria flowers on the goldfish. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom