Camera for beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has been discussed on the forum many times. IMHO the key to getting decent shots underwater is to have a camera that is easy to shoot in manual, and to have at least one strobe. This is so that you can select a fast shutter speed to eliminate ambient light and light your subject with a strobe. I had a SeaLife as my first underwater camera and would not recommend it. Go Pros may be nice toys above water but you can't attach a strobe to them. (If you try to shoot in automatic mode, your camera will meter for ambient light and choose a slow shutter and wide open aperture and you will get no-where fast).
Why didn't you like SeaLife?

This is great, totally agreed! Shops and payed reviewers are pushing 10k$+ FF setups (heard about the A7rII fewer?) while 99% of the people have issues in the 3 main departments here...
Without seeing the diagram, I feel I went to the right direction, when I "downgraded" from e-pl5 to the rx100IV P&S . Actually big sensor is also a significant disadvantage once shooting wide behind an image-curving dome...

d octormike;7443668:

Back
Top Bottom