Camera for under 600 bucks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
yes, at least, i think so.
I would recommend the Rebel XT in the entry level... Even though I shoot Nikon... My friend (photographer and store owner) who is a Nikon and Canon dealer makes this recommendation too (he shoots Nikon also) :wink: and we were just talking about this exact thing the other day. (I own the store upstairs from the Camera store)

The Rebel XT is priced similar to the D50 and you should see the price come down even more on the XT as the holidays approach (according to photo store owner) and with the intro of some new additions to the Rebel line...

So hold out for a bit, and you could see the Rebel XT with a lens for $500 or less.

alcina:
Body only, or maybe with a kit lens...but not housing, ports, cords, lenses, focus rings, arms, handles, trays, strobes, Woody's dioptres and other goodies :wink: Shopping is fun!!

thats what im lookin for so far, body only for about 600 (or so). i'll figure everything else out later:D

I'd have a look at the Sigma 17-70 lens, too, if you are going dslr. It's got a good range on it so can be used for a walk-around lens. It has a very good close focus ability and "macro" is pretty good. Nice versatile lens for not a lot of money - about $340 ish. Beats the 18-55 kit lens, imho, and the 17-85 kit lens doesn't work in some housings, so watch that :wink:

Shopping is fun! Can't wait to see what you end up with.

I love my Nikon D-70, and i'm sure the D-80 is going to be a hit

alcina:
I'd have a look at the Sigma 17-70 lens, too, if you are going dslr. It's got a good range on it so can be used for a walk-around lens. It has a very good close focus ability and "macro" is pretty good. Nice versatile lens for not a lot of money - about $340 ish. Beats the 18-55 kit lens, imho, and the 17-85 kit lens doesn't work in some housings, so watch that :wink:

Shopping is fun! Can't wait to see what you end up with.

That's the lens I'm using (with a nikon mount obviously) for my UW stuff. I love it.

Rafael:
i'm sure the D-80 is going to be a hit
I would agree, but this is well above the OP's stated price range :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom