Camera Mask - For Real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I appologize. NitroWill is right 5m for the 3.1 MP and 30m for the 5.0 MP. Nice catch dude.

i bet they will sell alot of those. I keep thinking of the mask/fins/snorkel rentals on every island vacation. Now they have a new gadget to rent for more $$. Marketing is dead on. little kid in a pool etc.

I also would really like a bullet video cam for underwater to strap to the head or BC. I bet it will be a while before there is one with good quality at a good price. Those two venn diagrams dont overlap in diving gear.

Thanks for the links.
Looks interesting. Judging by the size, the sensor must be very small so I'll bet it's a definitely a snapshot camera.

I would like to find a small, cheap solid state video camera that I could clip to my mask strap to record an entire dive. Quality would be poor in anything that wasn't very expensive, particularly in my dark home waters, but that's OK for "black box" video.

It looks like both of these masks have video modes. That could be really interesting.

Is it just me or do I not see a price on this thing?

According to a couple websites, it'll be about $100 bucks

Oh and I love the "storage" compartment on the left side :wink:

I thought that was funny also.

Check out this pic and how it will look on a divers head

010308-ND3.jpg

Not bad......Its a start of something great to come in the future for sure!!! At $100, I know we are bringin a couple in :D I cant wait to see the quality, but 5mp cant be that bad and at a depth of 30meters, its a great little gizmo for the price......Not the sexiest piece of scuba equipment, but again, its a sign of things to come and a company trying to be innovative that we want to support for future innovations!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom