Can i fly??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tarakeah

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello,
I did scuba diving in swimming pool, the depth is only 6feet i almost done it for 20mins, i have to fly i have exactly 23hours of time left from now.... can i fly??? Is there any risk if i fly???

A human being usually has a hard time to fly.

But no, there's no (scuba related) risk in your case to take a ride in a plane.

Hello,
I did scuba diving in swimming pool, the depth is only 6feet i almost done it for 20mins, i have to fly i have exactly 23hours of time left from now.... can i fly??? Is there any risk if i fly???

Must have gotten pretty narc'd if you're now wondering if you can fly!

:)

let's see and do the math....6 ffw for 20 mins with a 23 hr SI equals .Yes I can FLY.

good work.. no risk

Anyone can fly... it's the landing that's a bit tricky.

Hello,
Yes, you can fly.

http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/Flying_After_Diving

Revised Flying After Diving Guidelines for Recreational Diving - May 2002

The following guidelines are the consensus of attendees at the 2002 Flying After Diving Workshop. They apply to air dives followed by flights at cabin altitudes of 2,000 to 8,000 feet (610 to 2,438 meters) for divers who do not have symptoms of decompression sickness (DCS). The recommended preflight surface intervals do not guarantee avoidance of DCS. Longer surface intervals will reduce DCS risk further.
  • For a single no-decompression dive, a minimum preflight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested.

• For multiple dives per day or multiple days of diving, a minimum preflight surface interval of 18 hours is suggested.

• For dives requiring decompression stops, there is little evidence on which to base a recommendation and a preflight surface interval substantially longer than 18 hours appears prudent.

Reactions: Jax
Check with DAN! I believe they will tell you it's okay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom