Can I take my PADI card pic myself???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocrmaster:
A dive shop that doesn't have a computer with an online connection.

WOW dark ages.

I went to a little island before. The dive shop had a laptop and a sat link for internet. :lol:
Not all stores are registered for online PICs. For big shops with high student numbers, it means an employee spending alot of time sat inputting the info, when they could be selling equipment. Better time wise to have the student fill out a paper PIC. Check with your shop.
PADI aren't as fussy as passport people when it comes to photos - just NO dark glasses !!! I've seen cards with pitures that have been cropped from standard photos with other peoples arms in view etc.

Bubble Junky:
Not all stores are registered for online PICs. For big shops with high student numbers, it means an employee spending alot of time sat inputting the info, when they could be selling equipment. Better time wise to have the student fill out a paper PIC. Check with your shop.

Exactly :D

Someone that can type at 40 words per minute can go through 100 applications in 30 mins.

Maybe for someone that can't type it would take considerable time.

Applications done online reduces the time for the C card to be sent to the student.

You are absolutely right.
Bubble Junky:
PADI aren't as fussy as passport people when it comes to photos - just NO dark glasses !!! I've seen cards with pitures that have been cropped from standard photos with other peoples arms in view etc.

Actually, some LDS don't do online pics because if you submit it and something is wrong Padi makes the shop pay do redo it. If the LDS sends a paper pic and something is wrong Padi will re do it.

Just because you live on a remote island doesn't make you computer literate and not living on a remote island doesn't automatically make you computer literate, even in this day and age. I know of a shop that still takes polaroids, cuts them and sends them in.

The shop I went to did that...and I had to pay $2 for the polaroid too! Oh the joys of having your harddrive with photos of you on it die right before you become certified.

One local shop actually doesn't even use a computer, they fill out receipts with a pencil....best shop though. Also, I think they are SSI.

A last resort? Most libraries have free internet, just send your employee to the library every day.

Even if you can type fast, filling in a form would take more time than just typing straight into a word processor.

Once you are in PADIs system, your picture remains on file for , I think it is 1 year and if you apply for any other cards or replacements they will just use your file picture (you dont need to send a new one) and send the card

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom