Can I use TTL mode with fiber optic (E-M1)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Sorry for this dumb question. I am very new to the underwater photography. I recently bought E-M1 with Olympus housing and YS-D2 strobes. Last weekend, I had my first 4 dives with camera and I was kind of like it even though all my pictures are very terrible. (most of them are very bright on both side and darker in the middle.) I set my strobes to manual mode (1st mode with orange color light) and set camera at "A" mode with "flash in" function. I think it might be better if I can use TTL mode which I was told that strobe's light will be set automatically by the camera under the TTL mode. The problem is my housing does not have option for 5 pin sync cord to connect camera to strobes. I have only fiber optic connector. Is the TTL still working with fiber optic? Any suggestion for me about camera setting?

Thanks for all helps,

Yes the ys-d2 will work in TTL mode with fiber optic. During my trip to Curacao earlier in the year that was the only setting I used (back of strobe was lit up blue) with my EM-1 in a Nauticam housing and fiber optic sync cord.

As far as the setup for the camera. I am also new at underwater photography, at least with this level of equipment, but found the information in this article helpful(Best Underwater Settings for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Camera). It will at least give you a good starting point. Hope this helps.

Here is a small album of some of my shots from Curacao.
Curacao April 2016

Reactions: Bom

Back
Top Bottom