Can someone fill me in about GPS units?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my GPS everyday. I use it to navagate through town on unknown roads and to track my mileage for reimbusment. We have 2 Garmin Rino 120's and use them to play hide n seek with my kids (we live adjacent to Forest Service land). When we are in a large parking lot we mark the position and return to it with ease. We even use it to find each other in the Stadium. If you don't carry it with you it won't get used. I also use it to find and return to dive sites. Of course the reason I bought them was for hiking and mt. biking.

BKH:
Geocaching! Keeps my GPS in use frequently. I have also done an underwater cache, combining diving and caching, what could be better?
I'm a cacher too. My wife and I are a team and we call ourselves Lazyboy & Mitey Mite. We're closing in on 1000 finds and I'd love to do a scuba cache again for the 1K but, I can't get any close to where we live and with the price of gas???? forget it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom