Can`t decide between three masks.Can you give me some advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I am a girl.I will be using the mask for snorkeling,not deep diving.All the masks are on the same price and state the same things almost.This is the first time I have to decide on a mask, so please I`ll be glad if you can give me some advice, or to tell me which of the brands is better etc.
Маска за гмуркане Seacsub Salina | Маски за гмуркане | Seanomad Freediving Store - екипировка за гмуркане SEAC SALINA
Маска за гмуркане Beuchat X Optimo | Маски за гмуркане | Seanomad Freediving Store - екипировка за гмуркане BEUCHAT X OPTIMO
Водолазна маска Aqualung Visionflex Midi LX - Black | Маски | Seanomad Freediving Store - екипировка за гмуркане AQUALUNG Visionflex Midi LX - Black
I want the mask with the biggest vision range and when I look at them I am driven to the third because I see the dropped form, but I am not sure if this is some factor :)
Thanks in advance!

You get the one that FITS best. All other criteria are secondary, or less. This is how you determine best fit.
Mask Fitting | Carib Inn

Note-a good part of the time shop employees and other divers don't know how to properly fit a mask.
Unfortunately I cannot go to a physical store :/ so I had to buy it online

fmerkel is right--the best mask for you is the one that fits best, and no one here can give you any useful advice beyond telling you that. If you have no choice but to buy it online, make sure you can return it if is does not fit well.

I can advise you to pick a mask with a low internal volume, but that appears to be the case with all three of your choices, so that doesn't help, either.

At least when you get it you'll be able to figure out if it fits. The one time I tried an on line mask purchase it didn't fit at all.

The one that fits, like the others have said. I have a Beauchat Maxlux S (small) which is low volume and comfortable, and I bought it because the most comfortable mask at my local store.

Is ordering them all and sending back the ones that don't fit an option?

Hi! If you have to buy them online, is there a good return policy? The best thing to do may be to order all 3 and then see which one fits the best, if at all. If they don't fit...Time to keep looking. A leaking mask is really annoying while snorkeling and a dealbreaker while diving. Good luck!

Thank you for all the comments.Yes the website has some return policy, I will contact with them and see what can I do :)

If you have friends that have masks, try them, because to buy a mask on line that you have never tried is a big lottery game. This is the ONLY gear - with a wet suit - that cannot be purchased online without prior try.

Back
Top Bottom