HELP with Mask and Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrusty33

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Edit: Ok, ok.... well after reading several posts on masks, I get it. No one can tell me which masks are better, I have to try them on to get that info. How about just giving me your favorite mask you dive with?

If you had to choose 3 masks which would they be and why? If you have another good contender, let me know and tell me why. Red cell indicates disfavor based on ease of nose access for equalization, buckle type for strap, dislike of lense shape. I am looking for the best sealing mask, with best field of vision horizontally and vertically, with the easiest buckle systam. Color will be black. Style is not really an issue unless the lense shape looks very unappealing. However, my more important considerations can overide lense shape issues.

>=$70
Atomic Aquatics Frameless87
Atomic Aquatics Subfame97
Oceanic Pioneer98
Aqualung Micromask68

$40-60
Aeris Duo37
Beuchat Viewmax 1D48
Beuchat Viewmax 2D48
Beuchat Micromax41
Cressi Evo Big Eyes45
Cressi Eyes Evo Dark38
Mares X-Vision LiquidSkin50
Poseidon 3d43
Poseidon Phantom54
ScubaPro Spectra51
ScubraPro Scout42

$20-30
Bare Duo B26
Best Divers Narvalo Frameless27
Cressi Lince 232
Seacsub One Combat30

For fins, since I am out of shape physically, I want at the moment very easy fins to flutter kick. I am looking at SP Seawing Nova, but as I said if you have any recommendations on onthe mask and fin, let me know and tell me why you recommend.

Many thanks.

Russell

Last edited:
I like the Hollis M1 mask. Low Profile, ultra clear glass, and a excellent fit for me at least. Make sure you try on any of the, fit is the ultimate factor.

Back
Top Bottom