Cannon 100 Light.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waltdeas

Distinguished Guest
Reaction score
Has anybody used the Underwater Kinetics Cannon 100 Light as a video light? Would appreciate any feed back on this product.

Regards, Walt Deas.

I used my sun cannon for the first time last night. W O W !!! It's awesome. I used it with camera's too but not video. MAN...YOU WON'T believe it. It brings out all TRUE colors. I was nervous about the money at first... but now I think all my buddies will have one.

HID is, in my opinion, the only way to go. I am in favour of the UK HID because of the price. They are waaay cheap compared to other units on the market. The diffuser they supply for video is, quite simply, crap. They should have supplied an optional video reflector.
The diffuser scatters the light too much, and you lose a lot of the light generated by the HID element, a reflector would give even lighting but concentrate it on the subject. This is most important when you are dealing with a HID element of so little power.

If you get close to the subject and have two of these puppies, you have a good lightweight system.

I use a pair of Kowalski 24W HID units, the Xenon's. They weigh in at 600GBP each or about 850USD.

The dogs bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom