Canon A520?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gatorbill

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all. I was curious if anyone was using the Canon A520 for underwater photography? I am looking to upgrade to digital from my (don’t laugh) Sealife Reefmaster CL and would like a decent camera for semi serious use. (im not looking to get published :)) is there a wa lens sold for the wp-dc60 housing? ive done a few searches and not come up with much. any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated...

Hmmm, not sure. I have a dive master with me now who uses the 510 and it's a great little package. She has no extra lenses or strobe. Maybe look at www.digideep.com for more information? You can also check out Inon USA (sorry, I don't have the url) for details on their lenses & compatibility.

alcina:
Hmmm, not sure. I have a dive master with me now who uses the 510 and it's a great little package. She has no extra lenses or strobe. Maybe look at www.digideep.com for more information? You can also check out Inon USA (sorry, I don't have the url) for details on their lenses & compatibility.

thanks Alcina! I think I will order the housing from that link. im still VERY much in beginner mode, so I probably wont have an immediate need for the add ons...

gatorbill:
thanks Alcina! I think I will order the housing from that link. im still VERY much in beginner mode, so I probably wont have an immediate need for the add ons...

The A520 is also so convenient coz it allows you to use simple off-the-shelf AA's. It's got a great underwater setting that's idiot-proof. i know coz i tried it :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom