Can't "giant stride"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry I'm sure you'll get over it but in the mean time, stand at the edge of the boat, turn around and face inside the boat, then cross your hands and just fall backwards. Just make sure no one is behind you before falling backwards,

SangP

If it's calm enough, you can drop your BC in the water get someone to keep hold of it, then get in however it suits you, then kit up in-water.

It would be good for you to work with a some kind of therapist to overcome this but in the meantime maybe you could flop sideways over the side. A lot of boats in NJ do that.

Find a Licensed Behavioral Psychologist, they help in fixing problems rather than finding your inner self, it takes much less time to change behavior.

The DIY methods given sound reasonable and I would add to task your buddy with staying behind you and insuring that no one touches you while you exit. Buddying up with a SEAL would be perfect but any good friend should work. Also enlist the aid of the DM at the gate, once you are sure the push isn't coming you can concentrate on the stride.

Good Luck

Bob
-----------------------------------
I may be old but I’m not dead yet.

If you can't overcome that fear, I'd recommend gearing up in the water. Do a thorough check of your equipment on the boat, inflate your BCD, place your gear in the water and while holding onto it, slide off the side of the boat. Then just slide into your BCD, have someone check your straps, make sure your regulators are not routed under a strap, and dive.

Back
Top Bottom