Canucks invade Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife's caveat on going to Bonaire - I have to find transportation other than the red-eye.
Period - not open for discussion.

So American to Curacao and Divi Divi to Bonaire seems to do the trick for our needs.

The Delta flight is usually way to expensive...

Yeah, I agree. I hate the red-eye too. We don't sleep and arrive at the start of vacation exhausted and in no mood to dive. And next time we go next month we'll be doing it with a toddler. :( I'm sure my fellow passengers will be giving us dirty looks the whole way. Good times!:idk: I'm sure she'll sleep most of the way though.

Agree agree the red eye sucks!!! But admit if the price is right I am on it.
Took it this summer and it sucked. I will certainly look for other ways to get there but I'll bite the bullet if its the "best" choice for me/us. Please American go back, it had issues but it worked from Boston. Long layover but liked that better than being up all night. Also if the airline has problems plenty of slop time to work around.
If the red eye works for you, great for you :)

It's definitely a long haul to Bonaire from the Great White North. The lack of flights to Bonaire makes it that much more difficult. Last year, we bused it to Seattle from Vancouver, took a red eye to New York then onward to Aruba, where we overnight, before taking a puddle jumper to Bonaire. Brutal and never again. This year, we're flying direct to New York, staying a few days, then onward to Curacao via Miami on AA and a short hop from there to Bonaire with DiviDivi. The costs for the flights weren't that bad and the break in between makes it more tolerable. Still, it's a hard price to pay when you live so far away from warm waters.

Yes, the red-eye sucks, but for $600 and a total of 11 hours travel time from Pittsburgh, it's tough to beat. Trick is trying to get a little snooze on the plane, and a short nap when you arrive...then you're back on schedule.

It's definitely a long haul to Bonaire from the Great White North. The lack of flights to Bonaire makes it that much more difficult. Last year, we bused it to Seattle from Vancouver, took a red eye to New York then onward to Aruba, where we overnight, before taking a puddle jumper to Bonaire. Brutal and never again. This year, we're flying direct to New York, staying a few days, then onward to Curacao via Miami on AA and a short hop from there to Bonaire with DiviDivi. The costs for the flights weren't that bad and the break in between makes it more tolerable. Still, it's a hard price to pay when you live so far away from warm waters.

Don't you wish you could just teleport? That's a heck of a trip, but I believe it's worth it. Looking at going soon but we are lucky enough to be a bit further south.

Right now I'd say the Red eye seems to be my only choice. Having said that it still sucks. Had a 12 hour delay in August. Hoping that alternatives appear before my next trip. you have to really love Bonaire because it certainly isn't easy to get there. Guessing though that that keeps the traffic down which isn't a bad thing for me. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom