Cape Breton Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
When the HMCS Cape Breton in Nanaimo was turned over the ARSBC there was no longer any deck plans that usually accompany a former navy ship. Through a friend in the navy I have been able to aquire deck plans for this magnificent wreck and I would like to map it and make copies of it on wetnote type paper. This is a huge undertaking and I would like to enlist the help of any trained wreck divers wanting to explore the Nanaimo wreck and participate in the project.
I have been able to get Divers Choice Charters to offer 20% discount off the price of a charter to anyone participating in this project contact http://www.divingbccanada.com/ for details about the charter and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the project.
I am ready to start immediately so if you happen to be heading to the Great White North let me know and we can put you to work.

Dave I like to give you a hand with this Project. Are you supplying the Helium for this big undertaking (just joking buddy), If yes I will be there. You know where to contact me.

Big Al

Hyper-limits:
Dave I like to give you a hand with this Project. Are you supplying the Helium for this big undertaking (just joking buddy), If yes I will be there. You know where to contact me.

Big Al
Our first dive will be saturday 4th september. It looks like we have a full boat but look for a trip report the following week. We will try to get at least 1 trip per month weather permitting and there will be assignments available for all levels of wreck training/experience.
Trimix fills will be made available for a nominal fee.

wedivebc:
Our first dive will be saturday 4th september. It looks like we have a full boat but look for a trip report the following week. We will try to get at least 1 trip per month weather permitting and there will be assignments available for all levels of wreck training/experience.
Trimix fills will be made available for a nominal fee.

I can't wait for this week-end dive on the Cape Breton, I've been waiting a long time for a good deco dive and spending more than 25 minutes of bottom time. Looking forward to Carolyn food too, hopefully she will have some of that Peanut butter pie.

Cheers

Al

s7595:
what depth is the cape breton sitting at?

It sits at 140ft at the keel but much of it can be explored in the 100ft range.

Back
Top Bottom