Captain Lost Our Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..... they found Miguel and his divers very close to shore at Playa Corona.

Well, if I for one would have stopped for a beer if I was that close....... And the wife reminded me the chicken quesadillas were pretty good too.

Well, if I for one would have stopped for a beer if I was that close....... And the wife reminded me the chicken quesadillas were pretty good too.
You carry money on dives, or have an account there...? :confused:

You carry money on dives, or have an account there...? :confused:

OH MY GOSH! Are you TELLING me that you DON'T carry emergency beer money in your dive emergency kit? Or at least a few pesos taped somewhere for a payphone? What if you missed the island and landed in Cuba and had to call for a ride?

payPhone.jpg

Personally, I would have given them my tank for collateral for the beer and snacks.....

OH MY GOSH! Are you TELLING me that you DON'T carry emergency beer money in your dive emergency kit? Or at least a few pesos taped somewhere for a payphone? What if you missed the island and landed in Cuba and had to call for a ride?

View attachment 128952

Personally, I would have given them my tank for collateral for the beer and snacks.....
What the h3ll is a payphone? :wink:

Did we finally find something DD doesn't take with him on a dive/ dive boat?!

What the h3ll is a payphone? :wink:
Don't you hate it you can't say Hell on SB? Oh wait...! :eek:

Did we finally find something DD doesn't take with him on a dive/ dive boat?!
I may have to stick a US $20 in something. I'd like to carry a rented PLB but I am loaded.

I first traveled to Cozumel in 1969. I have been taking groups there for 30 years. As I posted before, this past May I did afternoon dives at Tunich.

How many divers do you think have ever been "lost" in Cozumel?

Yes, most of them were lost North of town.

Yes, you can be lost and miss the island from any dive site in Cozumel.

My questions are not about Christi or her operation as I posted before.

My questions are about " Captain lost our group " and how to deal with this dilemma.

Mysteries always bring more questions.

Did they reach shore before or after sunset?
Who is John Galt? :D

Yes, you can be lost and miss the island from any dive site in Cozumel.

My questions are about " Captain lost our group " and how to deal with this dilemma.

See post #194. Missing the island is not a concern. Deal with it by staying calm. Swim to shore if required.

they found Miguel and his divers very close to shore at Playa Corona.
Mystery Solved!

So total they traveled about 4 miles.

What if they had not made the intelligent decision to swim to shore?

My point in asking this question is that swimming to shore should be part of your Emergency plan! Period.

Back
Top Bottom