Carbon Monoxide Detectors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had CO in a tank early this season. After i had symptoms i tested with one of the balloon types. When i went to tell the shop (Tri State Scuba, Cincinnati, Ohio) that had filled about it their response was to treat me the rudest i've ever been treated by a dive shop.

So now i own one of these they have three different CO models. And go to another area dive shop for fills.
Sensorcon

I had CO in a tank early this season. After i had symptoms i tested with one of the balloon types. When i went to tell the shop (Tri State Scuba, Cincinnati, Ohio) that had filled about it their response was to treat me the rudest i've ever been treated by a dive shop.

So now i own one of these they have three different CO models. And go to another area dive shop for fills.
Sensorcon
I wish you would post a new thread about that in Accidents - Near Misses. So many divers don't believe the risk, even tho 3% of the submitted air samples to a national lab fail - and that just the ones who still submit.

Interesting how they were rude, huh? Congratulations on surviving tho. I have a Sensorcon I take everywhere, curious about CO in day to day exposure in my own car, in restaurants, etc. but it's great for tank testing too. Those balloons are better than nothing, but barely. I am using a CooToo in Cozumel this week for the first time - love it. It gives me O2 & CO both, and I have seen mistakes of divers on Nitrox who thought they were on air for the deep dive, as well as CO rates that were scary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom